Do you ever feel that time is against you for getting things done? Too much to do with tight deadlines and overwhelming pressure? Sometimes there is no escape from the working life. The feeling of overwhelm and stress is all too common for this day and age.
Affirmations (a form of prayer that focuses on a positive outcome) can shift the perception and energy in order to bring you into a calmer and focused state to ENHANCE PRODUCTIVE FLOW. It is also important to also have an awareness of the values and limiting beliefs you maybe attaching to the working experience when under pressure.
A COOL WAY to overcome overwhelm and stress is to firstly become aware of the discussions in your mind (basically the self talk). Then replace any un-supportive language with positive affirmations such as “I VALUE & APPRECIATE EVERYTHING I DO” – knowing that you are giving the current task in hand extra LOVE and APPRECIATION. This is because whenever overwhelm kicks in the trick is to FOCUS on the NOW instead of worrying about the outcome.
This affirmation will help you stay focused on completing one task at a time, and will help to re-programme the subconscious mind (when consistently repeated) to help you keep calm during those intense moments.
Affirmations work best when you repeat them to yourself with real feeling and meaning. Of course say them quietly in your mind within the workplace any time to bring you back into a calm focused state.
CALL ME CRAZY if you wish (oh well that’s what comes with being a creative individual) however, I have been experimenting with affirmations to enhance productive flow during challenging times and during my innovations I discovered the below 4 step technique to be most effective.
I swear TIME has physically appeared to have SLOWED DOWN for me whilst using the affirmation whenever needed. When we are not concerned about the future or past we remain in the present, and therefore TIME BECOMES A FRIEND.
Steps to integrate the new belief into your being to empower flow
1) Take a break. Seriously stress and overwhelm normally builds up through to continuous work. When you take a break you allow the subconscious mind to come up with ideas (through creative visualisation) which naturally occurs to help resolve the challenge in hand. A break for at least 5-10 minutes is recommended. This will also give you time to refresh your thoughts and productive energy.
2) Stand in front of a mirror (optional).
3) Place your hand on you heart and repeat the affirmation whilst really feeling the energy of the intention integrating into your being for up to a count of 33 seconds. You will feel a change of energy straight away.
4) Repeat the affirmation quietly whenever needed throughout the day.
An alternative affirmation you can use is “I am a focused and super-fast productive machine”.
Play around with these affirmations and let me know how you get on within the COMMENTS box below.
Perhaps create your own assertive SELF TALK phrases to support your productive flow so GET CREATIVE with them. Please share this image and post to anyone you feel will LIKE.
Signup to receive updates on the CFE series and receive your special musical gifts. When you sign up the first email will have the link to the downloadable files as well as receiving access to all the other bonuses, including my soft piano (performed in a beautiful heartfelt free-flowing style) musical MP3s so you can play in the background to boost productivity and increase energetic vibrations for success.
Coming up next in the series (opt-in to receive notifications of new posts and video releases)
I can’t wait to create and share these with you
1) What we can learn from nature’s evolution of life to find our flow. A musical journey with waterfall videos taken on my adventures in Wales (UK).
2) The Art of Completing Tasks. This video will also provide ways to defeat overwhelm.
So stay tuned and keep creating what you love